[ydl-gen] HFS+ mount is read only -- how to make RW? (YDL 4.0.1)

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 14:12:57 MST 2005

Well, that fixed my problem! I guess there's a flag that can get
corrupted and attempting to mount it with hpmount probably fixes it
(I'm guessing).

Anyway, the offending partition was on /dev/hdc7 (in my case), mounted
at /mnt/macosx.

So, to unmount it (since it's auto-mounted at boot):
umount /mnt/macosx
hpmount /dev/hdc7
mount /dev/hdc7 /mnt/macosx -t hfsplus

Read-write is back!