[ydl-gen] Re: Yellow Dog compatible Ethernet NIC 10/100

Pat Plummer, MD blacksun at ix.gotdns.org
Wed Oct 5 19:00:43 MDT 2005

Eric:

I run a RealTek/RTL8139 chipset fast ethernet PCI card in an Old
World PowerCenter Pro using OSX 10.3 and the OS has no problem
detecting the card and using it. I bought a 5 pack of these cards on
eBay for a song. Both Darwin and Linux (my ANS has 2 of 'em on board)
have no problems with this chipset near as I can tell. With regard to
AppleTalk, just background the netatalk startup and make sure /etc/
atalkd.conf knows about the new interface. Job done :) .

Pat