[ydl-gen] headless configuration

Chris Smith slider6791 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 10:05:40 MDT 2005

I have a couple apple Xserves running with a 2 Ghz single G5 processor. I've
installed YDL on one of them. I had to install a video card in the machine
to be able to install the OS. I am unable to set the second machine up in a
headless configuration(using a serial connection for a console). On the YDL
webpage under platforms supported it lists Xserve and under that there is a
note that implies that to run headless, there are 2 options Y-HPC or manual
configuration. Does anyone know what the manual configuration steps are or
where they are documented. I've tried quite a few different things that have
been posted in the forums as well as all over the web with no luck.

Thanks!
Chris