[ydl-gen] External USB Hard Drive

peter.g.harper at magnox.co.uk peter.g.harper at magnox.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 06:22:03 MDT 2005

I have got a couple of G5 Xserves running YDL 4.0 and I wish to transfer
some
data onto an External Iomega USB 2.0 Hard Drive.

Everything seems to work as it should. When I connect the drive
the kernel finds it and allocates the next scsi device to it and I can
then mount the FAT32 partition that is on there.

When I try to copy files to it everythings starts up OK and data is
transferred
at about 12M/s - until it crashes.

I've tried it a couple of times and it seems to happen after a random
amount
of data has been transferred and there are no messages in
/var/log/messages.

Has anybody else experienced this problem?

Is there another file which may contain some helpful diagnostics?

Peter Harper

The information contained in this email may be commercially sensitive and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not a named recipient, you are on notice of its status. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. You must not disclose it to any other person, copy or distribute it or use it for any purpose.