[ydl-gen] Trackpad Problems: YDL 4.0.? installer on PowerBook 5,6

Robert Story rstory-l at revelstone.com
Thu Oct 13 16:36:11 MDT 2005

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:19:08 -0700 Montville wrote:
MAWK> I am having some amount of difficulty installing YDL (I believe my boss
MAWK> gave me the 4.0.1 discs, but I think they may be the 4.0 discs) to
MAWK> dual-boot on a PowerBook 5,6.  Anaconda runs, but the kernel can't load
MAWK> the USB HID trackpad, nor does it recognize the audio card.  It appears
MAWK> to recognize the display hardware ok.
MAWK>
MAWK> Has anyone else experienced this issue?  If so, how did you resolve the
MAWK> problem?

I think there are some kernel patches floating around out there. Unless you
enjoy rebuilding kernels, I'd suggest a usb-mouse until 4.1 comes out.