[ydl-gen] Yaboot problems and YDL 4.0.1

Enda Cronnolly enda at codefoundry.com
Mon Oct 31 09:56:15 MST 2005

Thanks Joseph,

> The partition "type" for the boot slice is most likely the problem. You
> may be able to edit the partition map and change the labels.  Otherwise,
> you will need to reformat the drive from within YDL.

Booted from the install CD, and from a virtual console attempted to create
the partitions with pdisk Pdisk is getting the size of the disk all wrong,
and even at that, if you initialise the partition map and try to write it to
disk, I get...
pdisk: Unable to write block 1
pdisk: Unable to write blcok 2

so I think I'll just try again later with another disk, or maybe even the
original MacOS disk that is here somewhere.

> First try the following:
>
>        Hold down the option key while cold-booting the MAC. You should
>        be presented with the option of selecting the boot device.  If a
>        boot disk icon has a penguin on it, select it and continue.

Had tried that earlier but no joy....

Thanks again..

 -Enda.