[ydl-gen] Re: Yum Update Servers

Dene Stringfellow spacemonkey at ridgedale.co.uk
Tue Sep 6 01:03:49 MDT 2005

Apologies for this, I read the digests this morning (with
enlightenment!) and see there has been a lot of discussion on this
recently.

The yum.conf I ran with this morning was:

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
exclude=kernel-g5*

[base]
name=Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 Base
baseurl=ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yum/4.0/base/
baseurl=http://yellowdog.open-mirror.com/yum/4.0/base/

[updates]
name=Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 Updates
baseurl=ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yum/4.0/updates/
baseurl=http://yellowdog.open-mirror.com/yum/4.0/updates/

[update]
name=Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 Update
baseurl=ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yum/4.0/update/
baseurl=http://yellowdog.open-mirror.com/yum/4.0/update/

[extras]
name=Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 Extras
baseurl=ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yum/4.0/extras/
baseurl=http://yellowdog.open-mirror.com/yum/4.0/extras/

[FreshRPMS]
name=FreshRPMS Contributional Repository
baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/yellowdog/4.0/ppc/freshrpms/

The message I got back was the following:

Upgrading all packages with command yum -y update ..

Server: FreshRPMS Contributional Repository
Server: Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 Base
Server: Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 Extras
Server: Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 Update
Server: Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
No Packages Available for Update
No actions to take

.. upgrade complete.

Can someone confirm that this is a successful yum update transaction?
If so, could someone also explain why the yum.log file indicates that
there have only been yum installations/updates carried out on 29/04/2005
(around the time of the original installation of this YDL box), a manual
yum erase of vsftpd 1.2.1-7.ydl.1.ppc and a manual yum install of
proftpd 1.2.10-8.0.yd4.fr.ppc on 21/07/2005?
>From the digest I noted that there were updates available last month.

BTW, how do I get the YDL 4.0.1 updates - they don't appear to be
available on the mirrors?

Thanks

Dene Stringfellow