[ydl-gen] Re: Yum Update Servers

Robert Story rstory-l at revelstone.com
Thu Sep 8 19:21:49 MDT 2005

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 08:03:49 +0100 Dene wrote:
DS> Can someone confirm that this is a successful yum update transaction?

Looks good to me!

DS> If so, could someone also explain why the yum.log file indicates that
DS> there have only been yum installations/updates carried out on 29/04/2005
DS> (around the time of the original installation of this YDL box), a manual
DS> yum erase of vsftpd 1.2.1-7.ydl.1.ppc and a manual yum install of
DS> proftpd 1.2.10-8.0.yd4.fr.ppc on 21/07/2005?

There aren't a lot of updates.. one of the downsides of yellowdog. The dates I
have on the files in my updates directory are:

Jul 26 19:19
Jul 26 19:17
Apr 13 11:50
Mar 10 14:16
Feb 22  2005
Feb 21  2005
Feb  3  2005
Dec 11  2004
Dec  9  2004
Nov 19  2004
Oct 20  2004
Sep 28  2004

DS> >From the digest I noted that there were updates available last month.
DS>
DS> BTW, how do I get the YDL 4.0.1 updates - they don't appear to be
DS> available on the mirrors?

There isn't a separate update mechanism.. the 4.0 repository has the 4.0.1
updates...