[ydl-gen] yum install probs again

Kevin McMahon butters at buttershome.com
Sat Sep 10 00:29:08 MDT 2005

anytime that i try and edit the yum.conf file i get this message

E325: ATTENTION
Found a swap file by the name ".yum.conf.swp"
          owned by: root   dated: Tue Sep  6 09:11:56 2005
         file name: /home/butters/yum.conf
          modified: YES
         user name: root   host name:
66-188-197-164.dhcp.roch.mn.charter.com
        process ID: 8168
While opening file "yum.conf"

(1) Another program may be editing the same file.
    If this is the case, be careful not to end up with two
    different instances of the same file when making changes.
    Quit, or continue with caution.

(2) An edit session for this file crashed.
    If this is the case, use ":recover" or "vim -r yum.conf"
    to recover the changes (see ":help recovery").
    If you did this already, delete the swap file ".yum.conf.swp"
    to avoid this message.

"yum.conf" [New File]
Hit ENTER or type command to
continue

I have no idea where the swp file is even after a 'whereis command, what
is happening here?
ydl 4.0 and a pismo g3 500,
I need to get rid of that file or files it seems but have no clue, I did
everything that the message said but to know avail