[ydl-gen] yum install probs again

Jeff Folk jfolk at qzoneinc.com
Sat Sep 10 12:52:06 MDT 2005

I really don't know why you are messing with this yum.conf file in
/home/butters

The main yum.conf file lives in /etc

Me thinks you aren't exiting vi/vim correctly to get those errors. Or
maybe you are killing a ssh session before you exit the vi program...

Try this:

<stuff>$ su -

enter your root password when asked and the prompt changes to this:

<stuff>#

notice the '#' instead of the '$'? That means you are -root- Then do
this:

<stuff># pico /etc/yum.conf

And edit that file to enter your mirrors. Control-O writes the file
out, control-X exits pico cleanly.

Hope that helps;
Jeff