[ydl-gen] RE:airport networking

woodsend woodsend at bigpond.net.au
Mon Sep 26 14:40:01 MDT 2005

The wireless tools are definitely installed (checking the rpm database).

I don't know what happened, but airport seems to be working. The only thing
I can think of is that restarting the system cleaned up any problems that
were latent. I was restarting the network service after every change I
tried...

FWIW when I start the system-config-network utility from the command line
(as opposed to the menu when I get no debug/error messages) I keep getting
messages about the wireless component being compiled with version 17 (and
version 16 being in use). It doesn't seem to be a problem, but...

Thanks for your assistance

cheers
Jonathan Pratt