[ydl-gen] Re: NFS mount problem (YDL4.0)

Danny Hembree danny-hembree at dynamical.org
Mon Sep 26 15:10:07 MDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 05:05, peter.g.harper at magnox.co.uk wrote:
> Jagi,
>
> I had the same problem running 4.0 on two G5 Xserves.
>
> The problem is that there is a bug in the nfs code for the 2.6.8 kernel
> code that comes with 4.0.
>
> That problem is cleared in 2.6.10, and presumeably the most recent 2.6.12
> stable kernel.
>
> I couldn't use those because they introduced a bug in the Fibre Channel
> drivers, but
> if you don't have Fibre Channel then either of those should be fine.

I do have the Apple fibre channel cards and can't find out anything
about how to get them to work. I'm connectiong a dual g4 800mhz to an
XRAID. Searching the YDL site and list archives yields this reference:

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_4.0/fibrechannel.shtml

but, it's not there. Furthermore, when I respond to the page that pops
up asking me to report the missing page, the email to webmaster bounces.

Does anyone know what happened to that page or the current status of
using Apple's fibre channel cards on YDL?