[ydl-gen] using ./configure to generate 64 bit share libraries(ydl4.0.91) SOLVED

Sanders, Rob M. sanders-rob at zai.com
Thu Apr 27 19:18:47 MDT 2006

Hey folks,
  Finally got it (again).  I was poking around the docs on ld and stumbled
across the -m option and the lightning bolt hit (again).  The incantation
to ./configure needs to be './configure CC='cc -m64' LD='ld -melfppc64'
and everything works out just fine.
  One of these days I'll get around to writing a personal blog/notebook with
these bits of trivia......

                                 Rob