[ydl-gen] Setting up sendmail to send mail (via SMTP)

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 17:04:09 MDT 2006

Hello all, I'm trying to make my server a little more user-friendly for my
friends and for that to  happen I need to add the ability for the server to
SEND mail.

My ISP (Bell Sympatico) blocks all attempts to deliver mail directly to
another mail server. The only way for me to get mail out is by connecting to
my ISP's mail SMTP mail server using a username and password, over SSL.

Does anyone have any idea how to set sendmail (or another MTA) up on YDL to
send mail from the server (a Gallery installation, to be specific) to a
public internet address?

I've searched far and wide for this but the language surrounding sendmail is
quite technical (beyond my geek skills) [I don't know what question to ask
of Google yet ;-P].

Thanks, Eric.