[ydl-gen] failed dependencies question (redhat based ydl)

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Thu Aug 24 15:02:17 MDT 2006

Hi Nick:

You must be aware that yum was created to avoid just this kind of
difficulty for both installation and removal of programs.  So why are
you choosing to use rpm instead, when yum can invoke and control what
rpm may do regarding installs and removal of programs?

You are probably aware that more information regarding yum can be
discovered from within the system itself:

$info yum

or

$man yum

Good Luck.....