[ydl-gen] No video hardware acceleration on PS3

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Fri Dec 1 17:04:06 MST 2006

The link discussing Folding @ Home running on the PS3 is located here:

http://research.scea.com/2006-09-cureatps3/cureatps3.html

This version of Folding @ Home works unlike any other previous version
of the .... at Home series of scientific projects many have run on their
computers.  The client once installed and enabled "will connect to the
Folding @ Home network when the PS3 is powered on, but not used."  What
this actually means in practice is not elaborated upon.  The article
does mention that testing and further optimization of this client continues.

The article doesn't clarify which operating system the client will work
within.   However, it is not unreasonable to infer that as SCE (Sony
Computer Entertainment) developed the client (Cure at PLAYSTATION3) the
operating system will most likely the Sony GameOS.

We will have to wait for an explicit clarification.