[ydl-gen] Scilab for linux ppc

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Thu Dec 7 15:29:25 MST 2006

Hi Warren:

Questions:
* Did you download the source of all the dependencies of this program
and compile them from within the version of YDL you are using?
  Consider that this suggestion may not be necessary if there are ppc
versions of those dependencies, you can do a quick check of that by
using yum.
Note you can check for scilab's dependencies by exploring scilab's
mirrors and checking their readme docs.

 Search for scilab dependencies using yum:
# yum search "*libc.so.6*"
See what yum finds out... if it's available, install it with yum.

* The above completed, attempt the recompilation of the source for scilab.

Maybe, just maybe, all the above has already been done for you.  Check
using yum.  Same process as above.

#yum search "*scilab*"

If yum finds anything, then it'll report that it is available, then do:

#yum install "*scilab*"

if it is found, then yum will install the requisite dependencies for you.

Good Luck... Derick.