[ydl-gen] Scilab for linux ppc

Warren Nagourney warren at phys.washington.edu
Thu Dec 7 17:45:00 MST 2006

Hi Derick,

I downloaded the sources from www.scilab.org and attempted to compile
them under OS X (using gcc 4). They claimed to be configured for a
general unix distribution, so it should have worked (I ran configure
first and it seemed to detect the system fine). I can try the same
thing on my linux box and see whether it would work (the problem was
an incompatibility between some Apple header and a scilab header file).

Could it be obtained using yum? I thought scilab was a little too
arcane for the standard yum repositories.

Thanks.

-wn