[ydl-gen] Scilab for linux ppc

Warren Nagourney warren at phys.washington.edu
Thu Dec 7 23:07:54 MST 2006

Thanks, Derick,

Actually, I feel the same as you about OS X and intel - I have
absolutely no interest in the latter and am becoming increasingly
annoyed at the former (a friend describes its performance as having a
certain "viscosity" - as though one is swimming through thick honey...)

I tried yum using the "standard" repositories with no luck. In order
to compile scilab, one needs g77 which also seems to be unavailable
using yum. I am a little new to YDL (I was heavily into linux about 6
years ago, before OS X came on the scene. I couldn't stand OS9) and
need to become accustomed to the better sources of apps for ppc
linux. I would have thought that g77 was a standard app and would be
in the popular places.

Thanks again.

-wn