[ydl-gen] Gnustep in YDL

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Mon Dec 11 23:55:49 MST 2006

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 22:19:22 -0800
Warren Nagourney <warren at phys.washington.edu> wrote:

> Thanks, Derick. Actually I checked my yum repositories and didn't find
> anything. I agree that yum is a much better system than rpm, but is
> seems to not have much of what I want. By the way, I did compile scilab
> from source and it worked fine (perhaps I should do this with the
> various gnustep components...)
>
> -wn

No Problem. I wish I could offer something more useful like the following
hint...

By the way, you did modify yum.conf so that it searches several mirrors,
besides the standard ones.  Yes?  Otherwise, how would you know that
somewhere somebody didn't already create binaries for it or other apps
which interest you?

Glad you got scilab up and running.
Looks like an interesting app. You may want to make a tar backup of the
scilab source and documents you create with it.  Likewise for gnustep or
anything else you will eventually use on YDL 5.  Put them into a directory
and burn that onto a CD or DVD.

Then whenever you get YDL 5 with the PS3; you can pick up where you left
off on whatever project you are working on.

Regarding gnustep, it's been discussed here on these lists as far back as
2000!  I'm surprised that it's not in the yum repositories for YDL 4.1.