[ydl-gen] Some YDL 5.0/PS3 Problems

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 08:54:37 MST 2006

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 07:33:26 -0800 (PST) Da Meatster
<dameatster at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Also, no matter what I do when I log in, when I try to
> log out I always get this error:
>
> Logout is taking too long. Some applications refuse to
> close. Do you want to finish the logout anyway without
> closing these applications first?
>

> This happens all the time even if you log in
> immediately after a fresh install, do nothing and then
> log out. Again, anyone else get this message and does
> anyone know the cause/fix for it?

Do you have any programs starting up automatically when you log in?  I
think YDL has nautilus running on the first desktop.  The logout
process is trying to close the windows of all running applications.
Not all of them will cooperate with this.  In such cases, it tries,
waits a while, then asks you that question.

I don't yet have YDL 5.0 installed, or even a PS3 to try it out on, so
I can't play with this to see what the problem is.