[ydl-gen] Some YDL 5.0/PS3 Problems

Da Meatster dameatster at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 18 09:31:11 MST 2006

I have whatever gets installed by the installer
running when I log in. Both errors happen straight
after a clean install, from the first bootup/login and
always there after.

I've checked the integrity of my ISO image (MD5
checksum) and burned it at the slowest speed my
DVD-burner would support. I'm pretty confident my
install media is good. Hopefully someone with YDL 5.0
running on a PS3 will chime in soon.

--- David Seikel <onefang at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 07:33:26 -0800 (PST) Da Meatster
> <dameatster at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Also, no matter what I do when I log in, when I
> try to
> > log out I always get this error:
> >
> > Logout is taking too long. Some applications
> refuse to
> > close. Do you want to finish the logout anyway
> without
> > closing these applications first?
> >

> > This happens all the time even if you log in
> > immediately after a fresh install, do nothing and
> then
> > log out. Again, anyone else get this message and
> does
> > anyone know the cause/fix for it?
>
> Do you have any programs starting up automatically
> when you log in?  I
> think YDL has nautilus running on the first desktop.
>  The logout
> process is trying to close the windows of all
> running applications.
> Not all of them will cooperate with this.  In such
> cases, it tries,
> waits a while, then asks you that question.
>
> I don't yet have YDL 5.0 installed, or even a PS3 to
> try it out on, so
> I can't play with this to see what the problem is.
> HINT: to Google archives, try  '<keywords>
site:terrasoftsolutions.com'