[ydl-gen] Some YDL 5.0/PS3 Problems

drivah at speakeasy.net drivah at speakeasy.net
Mon Dec 18 21:26:50 MST 2006

<yellowdog-general at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com>

>Da Meatster wrote:

>>Total linux newbie here but I'm trying.. I'm having a
>>couple of problems with YDL 5.0. When you install YDL
>>5.0 and reboot, you always get the following error:
>>
>>/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit: Line 240 -e: Command not found
>>

>I get the same errors. I've just ignored them and its been fine, but I
>thought I would confirm that this is in fact happens to more than one
>person, and it happens whether I boot into runlevel 3 or 5.
>
>Jon
>--

I don't have YDL5.0 at home, just 4.1 on a minimac, and of course looking forward to future ownership of PS3 (probably not until the PS4 is released....), but I'd bet if you
looked at line 240 of /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit you'd see something like:

action $"Configuring kernel parameters: " sysctl -e -p /etc/sysctl.conf

(do "man sysctl" and execute it with no arguements - perhaps binary doesn't have "-e" compile in? - not very likely but stranger things have happened.)

Perhaps whatever the command is being run at line 240 doesn't like
the "-e" option, or much more likely a variable is being passed as a command to execute and its either getting munged, the $PATH at that point doesn't contain a reference to the directory where that command is found, or something like that.   I'd put a debugging statement in something like "echo $VARIABLE" and remember that sometimes you need to escape the $ (eg \$) depending on various things.

Post a reply with line 235-245 of /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit, please.