[ydl-gen] dvi/video out on alubook 1,67 ghz (powerbook 5,6)

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Sat Jan 14 09:34:29 MST 2006

Benoit:

Of course, you know where the dvi plug is.  I wasn't indicating that as
your difficulty.

I had interpreted your question as a misunderstanding.

The limitation is with the firmware and the VRAM.  Xorg can interface
no doubt with aspects of whatever is there, however it is unlikely to
be able to overcome what the VRAM limits it to.  As you've got the same
VRAM I have, you are limited to utilizing (for digital video output) a
screen to be no more than a certain size (23 inches).  Although Xorg
can be hacked it is much easier to investigate getting the maximum
digital video out you can -- 64MG VRAM is definitely not it.

You may be lucky if you are still under the Apple warranty; you may
still be unlucky in that Apple may choose to stick to your original
"build to order" choice.

Best wishes...