[ydl-gen] Kernel Parameters

Jurvis LaSalle lasalle at bard.edu
Thu Jan 19 16:47:50 MST 2006

On Jan 19, 2006, at 5:28 PM, Posey, Jake E wrote:

> I’m new to yellowdog linux and I have a couple of questions.
>
> 	1 	How can I tell what kernel paramters are loaded?  I know in HP-UX
> you can run kmtune and it will give you a list of all the kernel
> parameters.  Or if I want to list a single kernel parameter I can run
> kmtune –q “kernel parameter” without the double quotes of course.  Is
> there something similar in yellowdog?
> 	2 	How do I install or modify kernel parameters in yellowdog?
>
> Thanks,
> Jake
>
> ________________________

is
$ cat /proc/cmdline
what you seek?

if so, then editing /etc/grub.conf will let you change the parameters
you pass to the kernel on boot.  you can change all sorts of parameters
if you muck around in the /proc filesystem.  be careful.  you can also
muck with these using sysctl.  same difference.  here's a good link
with more info:
	http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-adfly.html

hth,
JL