[ydl-gen] Free space is missing (du, df and HFS plus file system)

Peter-Paul peter-paul at multiweb.nl
Mon Jan 30 09:17:52 MST 2006

I had a same sort of problem with a ext3 partition and I found the
solution in removing al the"hidden" files that were made by OS X client
that connected using SMB.
Apperently this typical "hidden" OS X files took al the space.
For example:
I created a file on my OS X client called test.txt. OS X created also a
file called ._test.txt
Since I deleted the file test.txt on my YDL machine, I didn't delete the
hidden equivalent ._test.txt

When I manually deleted all the files starting with " ._" I got all my
space back.
I don't know which version of OS X I was running, but I'm sure I ran YDL
3.0.1 on my server.

Hope this'll help, good luck,

Peter.