[ydl-gen] Re: Megaraid Driver

Kai Staats kstaats at terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 12 17:19:50 MDT 2006

James,

> There was a request on this list a while back concerning support for the
> LSI megaraid driver.
> I have an xserve with an LSI 523 card that I wish to install Y-HPC on as
> the head node. The install
> bombs since it cannot find the RAID volume during the install. Is there
> a driver or workaround for this?

(let's take this to the General list)

In the few years Apple has promoted this card, we have had very few (2 or 3)
requests for support. Last year (I believe), one of our customers did in fact
invoke support via a kernel mod. While I recognize this should have been
immediately promoted via the lists, I do not believe this occured. I am
searching my local archives for the exchange.

As we do not have one of these cards in-house, are you in a position to help
us test the support if we cannot locate the HOWTO?

Sincerely,
kai