[ydl-gen] default boot to OSX

Kenneth Browne kbrowne at alumni.umass.edu
Fri Jul 14 21:05:21 MDT 2006

Derick Centeno wrote:
> Hi Ken:
> As far as I know, I believe the easiest approach to try out is to select
> from within OS X, System Preferences and choose Startup Disk. Then
> choose OS X residing on whichever drive OS X lives in.  You can't miss
> it.  When done, then choose restart.  That should be it.  OS X doesn't
> see YDL anyway, at least, not when I look from within OS X and I have
> YDL 4.1 on the same internal drive but different partition.

I think I've tried this (some time ago) However, I also think I
installed a utility on the OSX side that allows OSX to see the Linux
drife. It shows up on the desktop as a hard drive icon marked with a "/"

> When you later wish to boot into YDL, you should be able to press the
> Option key before Mac boots up (hold the option key down while the
> computer boots up) and you should then see the drives available to
> select to boot from.  Just use your mouse to select the appropriate
> drive.  Wait, of course, for the cursor to return to normal.  After you
> select the drive just hit your return key and that should be it.

I'll give this another try and see if it works/

> On Jul 14, 2006, at 10:15 PM, Kenneth Browne wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>> I have a G4-400 setup with OSX on one hard disk and YDL 4.0 on the
>> other. I have no problem booting to either system when the prompt
>> appears on the black and white yaboot screen, however, I'd like to

Politics is the second oldest profession. I realize it bears a very
close resemblance to the first.

(hey, anyone know if Tagzilla will be updated to work with latest T'bird
(which I'm not using on this Mac)