[ydl-gen] default boot to OSX

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Fri Jul 14 20:44:00 MDT 2006

Hi Ken:
As far as I know, I believe the easiest approach to try out is to
select from within OS X, System Preferences and choose Startup Disk.
Then choose OS X residing on whichever drive OS X lives in.  You can't
miss it.  When done, then choose restart.  That should be it.  OS X
doesn't see YDL anyway, at least, not when I look from within OS X and
I have YDL 4.1 on the same internal drive but different partition.

When you later wish to boot into YDL, you should be able to press the
Option key before Mac boots up (hold the option key down while the
computer boots up) and you should then see the drives available to
select to boot from.  Just use your mouse to select the appropriate
drive.  Wait, of course, for the cursor to return to normal.  After you
select the drive just hit your return key and that should be it.

At least, this has always worked for me; I've never had to touch
yaboot.  I'm not an engineer, but before you do anything you may not be
able to undo, why not try this suggestion and see if it works for you.
If it works, that's it.  Why worry further?   If not, no harm done to
anything anyway.

In the event it doesn't work for whatever reason, report that back to
this list on this thread.  Someone else should be able to guide you
from that point.

Best of Luck... Have a great weekend!