[ydl-gen] G5 dual, 2.7 GHz 20" Cinema Display

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Sat Jul 22 13:57:13 MDT 2006

Hi Hal!

Thanks for your response.

I am well aware of both the points you raised and awaiting, like you, a
version of Linux which can run on these very powerful PPC systems.  I
provided the information to Dr. Freysinger to present the facts as they
are currently, without getting into the wider contributing factors
which you raised.  After all, it is quite possible that if companies
such as Nvidia discover that there remain highly skilled and determined
professionals (and institutions) willing and insisting on using PowerPC
systems, their policies can change.

Perhaps I'm nieve, but professionals and institutions should not be
ignored in regards to the equipment they need to pursue their
efforts/work.

Here are two things which should be of interest:

1.  Work being done on Open Source Cards:
https://linux.wordpress.com/2006/07/19/introducing-the-open-graphics-
project/

2.  An article which appeared on Feb. 9, 2006 issue of NY Times:
I.B.M. Unveils Server Line That Uses Game Chips By STEVE  LOHR