[ydl-gen] Backup software for YDL

Nick Jones nicholas-jones at uiowa.edu
Mon Jul 24 16:02:52 MDT 2006

Hello, I've gotten everything up and running nicely with YDL 4.1 on my
XServe with XRAID.   Now I just need to get some backup software
running to create a backup before formatting my RAID volume that has
the current backup.

I am looking into AMANDA and Arkeia backup software.   Does anyone
have any suggestions for backup software?   Cost is no issue, I want
the most reliable recovery mechanism that exists, so if you have had
problems with certain solutions please let me know.

I looked at bacula, but something about it "sucking the essence from
my computers every night" made me uneasy :)

Thanks

Nick

--
Nick Jones