[ydl-gen] video editor

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Jun 22 05:15:24 MDT 2006

I don't know of a video editing solution that explicitely indicates YDL as
supported.

You might try your luck with Cinerella (http://heroinewarrior.com). It's
distributed as rpms for various i386 variants, and in source code. You might
be able to compile it yourself (I never tried myself though). According to
this (old) forum post on PPCForums
http://www.ppczone.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=878&sid=d6860e70e3318dd9e2d9a81596e1a7fd
there should be a cinerella fork (called cinerella-cvs) that can be built on
ppc. I couldn't reach cvs.cinerella.org at the time of this writing, maybe
it's temporarily down.

Otherwise you have the more lightweight program called Kino
(http://www.kinodv.org/). The same as above goes: it doesn't explicitely
state to work on YDL, yet you may be able to compile it yourself. I did find
some kino rpms for Fedora Core 4 PPC, so apparently, it can work on PPC.

Hopefully this gives some directions to start looking.

Cheers,

Geert Janssens