[ydl-gen] YD4.1 install hang up

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Mon Mar 13 04:45:04 MST 2006

Hi Steve:

Your difficulty puzzles me as I've been able to use the iso's fine on
my external fw drive or anywhere else I choose to plant YDL 4.1.

Questions:
Before you burned the iso's did you check the md5 of each iso you
downloaded?
Which md5 test did you use Apple's (which is embedded within Disk
Utility and useless for our purposes) or did you use md5 which is
available within Darwin via the Terminal?

Suggestion: Use the version of md5 available within Darwin via the
Terminal.
Of course, I'm sure that you'll check whatever md5 reports against what
TSS says the md5 should be for each iso, and after each iso exactly
matches then you burn the iso onto the CDs.  I merely mention this in
passing as the most obvious difficulty is downloading all the data in
every iso TSS intended that you, I and everyone else, receive.  It  is
rather easy to overlook as we have come to expect that every thing just
function.  This might not be the cause of your problem.  However,
unless it is eliminated as a contributing factor moving towards
considering other possibilities could be like repairing other aspects
of one's living room only to highlight the hump underneath one's carpet
in the center.