[ydl-gen] Uninstall 4.01

Kenneth Browne kbrowne at alumni.umass.edu
Tue Mar 14 15:55:21 MST 2006

Eric Dunbar wrote:
> On 3/13/06, Kenneth Browne <kbrowne at alumni.umass.edu> wrote:
>
>> Eric Dunbar wrote:

> MUCHO SNIPPO
>
> I don't know the first thing about PC clones and your references to
> mbr probably mean something in that world but I don't think the mbr
> concept applies to Mac booting.

MBR = Master Boot Record ( I think I encountered the term while using
Mandrake Linux on an old homegrown PC box I had a few years ago. I guess
I assumed it was a Linux term.
> MORE SNIPPO
>

> Thus, to remove Linux, all you have to do is (a) set Mac OS X as the
> startup disk using the System Preferences Startup Disk Preferences
> Pane and (b) physically remove the Linux HD.

This sounds right, but if I really, really, really, want to cover all my
bases, could I view the Linux and/or Mac disks and find the partition
that contains yaboot and if it happens to be on the Mac disk, remove it?
If I remove the Linux disk I may try to revive it with "Superscrubber"
and put it in an Old World all-in-one that I own.

Many thanks to Eric for the tome on Mac boot protocols, etc. etc.

*****Ken Browne clacking the keys in Olde Sturbridge Village*****