[ydl-gen] Uninstall 4.01

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 06:34:25 MST 2006

On 3/14/06, Kenneth Browne <kbrowne at alumni.umass.edu> wrote:

> > Thus, to remove Linux, all you have to do is (a) set Mac OS X as the
> > startup disk using the System Preferences Startup Disk Preferences
> > Pane and (b) physically remove the Linux HD.
> >

> This sounds right, but if I really, really, really, want to cover all my
> bases, could I view the Linux and/or Mac disks and find the partition
> that contains yaboot and if it happens to be on the Mac disk, remove it?
> If I remove the Linux disk I may try to revive it with "Superscrubber"
> and put it in an Old World all-in-one that I own.
>
> Many thanks to Eric for the tome on Mac boot protocols, etc. etc.

No problem. I'd boot into Linux and fire up pdisk à la:
su
/sbin/pdisk -l

This'll tell you where your yaboot partition exists.

An alternate option is for you to mount the yaboot partition in Mac OS
(since the yaboot partition is HFS afterall) and format it. Not
particularly useful though... I'd rather use something like
/sbin/parted to delete the partition if you're really worried about
it.

Eric.