[ydl-gen] How to change control keys on Keyboard?

H. Apfel linux at apfel-edv.de
Wed Mar 29 17:08:02 MST 2006

Now what I want to do is to swap the Apple, control and alt keys on
the keyboard. The most obvious way (at least to me) would have been
to redefine the the behaviour by swapping the keycodes within the
keymap and loadkey-ing it.

However, doesn't work.

Is there anything special I've got to do beside loading the new
keymap? In an old mat there was a 'alt_is_meta' command, which wasn't
documented in the man-pages, so I'm not sure whether this has
something to do with the misfired reassignment of the keytable.

YDL 4.1 on a iBook G3-500

Thanks for any  sugggestions.