[ydl-gen] GLIBCXX_3.4.4

Peter Seebach seebs at plethora.net
Sat May 20 15:40:01 MDT 2006

I have an application (binary only, for good reasons I'm afraid) which won't
run on YDL 4.1 because it can't find the symbol "GLIBCXX_3.4.4" in
the libstdc++ installed on my system.

This appears to indicate that libstdc++ was built with Something Other Than
gcc 3.4.4, but "gcc -v" says it's 3.4.4.

What should I do?  Load source and rebuild libstdc++?  Would that matter?
Would it break other things?

To forestall the obvious question, yes I have thought about trying to rebuild
the app, no I can't, and yes this is entirely reasonable in context.  The rest
is a haze of NDAs and megacorps.  The application worked fine on Fedora Core
4; I just wanted to be a step or so closer to support for the Quad G5 I want
to be running this on if the fans are ever fixed.

-s