[ydl-gen] YDL on PB17

Warren Nagourney warren at phys.washington.edu
Wed Nov 1 23:59:00 MST 2006

Just a heads-up - I discovered that I do indeed have "accelerated"
video. I  found out by turning off acceleration and the difference
was immense. I guess the single-buffered windows fooled me: moving a
window quickly sometimes produces artifacts which are not present in
OSX, which uses double buffered windows.

Not I just need to get a comfortable desktop environment. I hate KDE,
so it must go (too windows like) and I need to find out how to turn
on trackpad tapping and get some of the apps I use in OSX working
(things like RealAudio, a good TeX installation and MOL, for those
programs I need to run in OSX. Also a good mail program - any
suggestions?) I am inclined to use Windowmaker  - as an old NeXTie,
it would be probably most comfortable.

Thanks for the help.

-wn