[ydl-gen] No video hardware acceleration on PS3

Brian Wood beww at bresnan.net
Mon Nov 13 13:21:54 MST 2006

On Nov 13, 2006, at 12:46 PM, ugo wrote:

> wow as you say...
>
> No 3D for any linux os on ps3 ?!
> No Opengl, no directX... If this is definitivly impossible, linux
> on ps3 wont go far.
> This is the baddest new i heard about ps3.
>
> Why this ? Is this a limitation coming from Sony ?
> No way to pass through ?

Yeah. Although most of us here are probably not gamers, one of the
main attributes of the PS3, as I see it, is great video hardware.

This basically reduces the possible video down to the level of a dumb
framebuffer, making it one of the fastest CLI-based machines around :-)

I thought it was too good to be true that Sony, the home of the
rootkits, would be so kind to Linux folks.