[ydl-gen] YDL and space on a PS3 HDD

Steven H. Rogers steve at shrogers.com
Wed Nov 29 08:24:36 MST 2006

A larger drive would be nice.  I believe that the PS3 drive is a low cost
2.5" SATA drive intended for game consoles and small desktop systems.  Any
name brand drive with the right form factor and interface should be OK.
I'll refrain from mentioning brands, as I work for a disc drive company.  I
understand that the PS3 runs a bit hot, so I'd look for something with low
average and maximum power consumption and at least as much heat tolerance as
the stock drive.  Most notebook drives should work, but check the specs.

\ Steve