[ydl-gen] No video hardware acceleration on PS3

pjmlp at progtools.org pjmlp at progtools.org
Thu Nov 30 06:29:37 MST 2006

Hi,

I just want to add my voice to the people complaining about
no hardware acceleration in PS3.

I own a PS2 Linux and was looking forward to also get a
PS3 with YDL Linux on it.

Now the thing is, with the PS2 I have access to accelerated
graphics, I can program the emotion engine and have some
fun while doing it. I know that you don't have 100% access
to all the graphics hardware on the PS2, but there is enough
to play with.

That is currently not the case with Linux for PS3, even though
Terrasoft is being supported by Sony. And there is no guarantee
that this will ever be sorted out.

So I'll keep my Linux PS2, and most likely start playing with
XNA 360, because I might not like M$ that much but at least
they seem to support the homebrew development.

Unless of course, there is hope that YDL will support PS3 as
it should.

Regards,
Paulo