[ydl-gen] PS3 Linux and Controller

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Thu Oct 19 17:38:18 MDT 2006

Henry,

I believe you misread the Wikipedia reference.

Perhaps that is not the case, it is also possible that between the time
you referenced it and I did, additions were made which were not there
before.
Let's be clear that as convenient as Wikipedia is; it is not reliable as
a consistent reference.  The author of the article for Wikipedia
complains that he didn't use all his references as Wikipedia's system is
doesn't meet professional standards.  In any case, the article and
associated photos are interesting as a beginning point of information
gathering.  Keep in mind that the author of this article admits only to
working for IBM and will not post his name.

The article should be considered only as an initial reference to be
cross-checked by interested readers and researchers interested in this
information.  The author warns of his article has produced a great deal
of misunderstanding and misrepresentation regarding the facts.  He
admits that discussing the Cell is an extremely complex endeavor.
Again, there is no replacement for in depth examination and
cross-referencing facts.

I discovered the article by going to Wikipedia's main page and typing
"cell" in the search field.  Then I chose "Cell microprocessor".  The
article I read, pops up from there.

The link however, which I provided earlier published by High
Productivity Computing is from very reputable sources and no one there
is engaged in hiding or slanting the facts.  Here is that link again:

http://www.hpcwire.com/hpc/967146.html

Another different analysis from a reputable publication Ars Technica is
here:

http://arstechnica.com/articles/columns/linux/linux-20061018.ars