[ydl-gen] PS3 Bootloader

Chris Hollman ps3linuxinfo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 15:10:48 MDT 2006

Am I reading this arstechnica interview correctly:

http://arstechnica.com/articles/columns/linux/linux-20061018.ars

Specifically: "Our work with Sony has granted us a unique opportunity to
have in our possession beta PlayStation units (the same that the game
developers have used) in order to work closely with the system to ensure a
high quality end-user experience, from bootloader to halt, from installation
to playing CDs and configuring the desktop."

Can I assume that YDL on PS3 will give the enduser a bootloader in which you
can choose to load YDL or the GameOS on boot, rather than accessing YDL
through the crossbar?

-Chris