[ydl-gen] SSH and hung with YDL 4.0 and G4

Emmanuel Stapf [ES] manus at eiffel.com
Thu Oct 26 15:44:49 MDT 2006

> you change the switch to a hub and it works?

Not really, I've just added a hub between the switch and the Mac running YDL.
The switch is actually just a 8 ports from Dlink, the hub is a very old one that
we had at the office.

> Invetigate your cisco port settings.  Are your two machines
> running same speed and duplex?  Use ethtool or miitool to find out.
> If not, hardcode to 100/Full.

mii-tool reports the following when connected to my gigabit switch:
eth0: negotiated 100baseTx-FD, link ok

I've done
ethtool -s speed 1000

I've done experiments using rsync and scp from a Linux machine to the Mac and it
works fine. I've tried with rsync from the solaris machine and it works. But
today trying again with scp it works just fine.

Just to see if something else had changed. I rebooted. But now everything seems
ok. I'm wondering what have changed.

Since this failure was part of a script, I'll try the script again in a few days
and see if it is still happening.

Regards,
Manu

PS: by the way mii-tool says 100baseTx, but the hub says it is Gigabit. Who is
right?