[ydl-gen] YDL on PB17

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Tue Oct 31 11:33:39 MST 2006

Ah... so... you have a dual consciousness as well as a dual and/or
multiple skills.
That's great!  My enthusiasm doesn't allow me to share your vision.

PR is not my primary skill; perhaps it's a skill I just absorbed as a
result of being an average life-long resident of NYC.
My enthusiasm for YDL is not balanced by the training and skills
which you have.  I guess you're also saying that my reasoning is not
very reasonable when compared to what's happened not only because of
decisions by TSS, but also Apple.  Remember they did dump the PowerPC
chip.

I know you well understand better than I, that business strategies
regarding what is maintained, supported, etc. has a logic which
appears counter-intuitive or counter-sanity for the average person.
Consider the Ford Taurus!  How could a company shut-down the most
continuously reliable and produced car!  There are lots of examples
of puzzling and confusing decisions throughout business in various
industries.  And lot's of people are caught, by being either in the
midst of these decisions or being affected by them.

There is no evil being committed here, Norberto.  Only hard realities
considering the best use of limited skills and resources involved
which you nor I are directly responsible to make -- although for you,
when you finally are ready you may have to make similar choices based
on realities few people will comprehend.

May you have the foresight and wisdom to do what should be done, when
your time comes.

Derick.