[ydl-gen] Cannot use official ydl updated 2.6.20-3 kernel on ps3 ydl 5.0

frank at lyonnet.org frank at lyonnet.org
Mon Apr 2 23:39:54 MDT 2007

Hello,

    I just installed the latest kernel rpm for ydl 5.0 ps3 from the public
updates repository (kernel-2.6.20-3.ydl.2 in ppc64 arch version).

Everything installed fine in the /boot. I modified kboot.conf in order to
add the new kernel.

   But . when I chose this kernel the boot process hangs after:

SYSMGR: cleanup. (close event mask)

   This problem does not happen with the older/initial 2.6.16 kernel that
come with the ydl iso.

   Also, it is the same issue with a custom kernel built from
kernel-sources-2.6.20-3.ydl.2 ppc64 arch version.

   I guess I'm missing something big here .

Thanks for the help,

Frank