[ydl-gen] http://www.yellowdog-board.com is not functioning

Frank Lyonnet frank at lyonnet.org
Fri Apr 6 12:32:37 MDT 2007

Hello,

I just wanted to inform you that it seems that the registration process at
the "Community Forum" http://www.yellowdog-board.com
<http://www.yellowdog-board.com/>  is not functioning properly (the problem
has already been reported on this ML). Any message to the admin for manual
account activation is returned as non delivered:

      admin at yellowdog-board.com le 06/04/2007 14:13

            Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified.
Please retry or contact your administrator.

            <exch-ipanema.ipanema.local #4.4.7>

Not to mention that a couple of weeks ago the forum site was completely
down.

Even though I understand this site is operated by a volunteer. I don't
believe this is a good practice to leave it in that state as Yellow Dog is
currently attracting a bunch of new users through the PS3 release. A lot are
directed to http://www.yellowdog-board.com <http://www.yellowdog-board.com/>
quite easily through Google and through Terra Soft site. I guess more
support from Terra Soft for this board could be highly beneficial for the
image of YDL. This probably applies to this mailing list as well. I
understand that a paying community/support exists: YDL.net, but I believe a
Linux distribution cannot only be based on paying support .

Frank