[ydl-gen] yellowdog-board.com is not functioning - Off topic discussion

Kai Staats kstaats at terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 15 13:21:08 MDT 2007

Frank,

> Thanks for your answer; I can only agree on your view on this topic.
>
> My email was in a reaction to several unsuccessful attempts to contact the
> board admin and in depth FAQ / admin posts reading. To build up a community
> requires a bit of support at the beginning of the process. Even if YDL is
> an established distribution, the PS3 version is attracting a whole new set
> of people. My feeling is that a renewed bootstrap process could be
> beneficial, at least to ensure that people willing to join / contribute to
> the community are able to do so. A few posts from Terra Soft people, just
> to say hi (and answer to key questions) and show that there are people
> working on the product would be also great. As far as I'm concerned the
> poor level of Terra Soft presence in the PS3/general sections of the ML or
> board decided me not to subscribe to YDL.net just because I feared that
> even the paying subscription was not associated with the appropriate level
> of resources.

I appreciate your input Frank. There is no excuse for our team's failure to
fully engage our own lists where the input of the community members does not
satisfy. I am working now to make this a daily activity for my engineers, not
just a weekly review.

The YDL Board is a great community forum. Our engagement in the Board, to date
has been limited due to a lack of resources and quite honestly, I simply have
not made it a priority as it began as a community effort and is maintained as
a community effort, outside of TSS.

However, to support this community effort, we recognize the need to engage it
more proactively. I am now working with my staff to rectify this situation.

Concerning the YDL.net Install Forum, it is maintained by our install support
engineer Aaron who does respond each and every day, often 2-3 times daily.

Sincerely,
kai