[ydl-gen] yellowdog-board.com is not functioning - Off topic discussion

Frank Lyonnet frank at lyonnet.org
Tue Apr 10 11:20:07 MDT 2007

Derick,

Thanks for your answer; I can only agree on your view on this topic.

My email was in a reaction to several unsuccessful attempts to contact the
board admin and in depth FAQ / admin posts reading. To build up a community
requires a bit of support at the beginning of the process. Even if YDL is an
established distribution, the PS3 version is attracting a whole new set of
people. My feeling is that a renewed bootstrap process could be beneficial,
at least to ensure that people willing to join / contribute to the community
are able to do so. A few posts from Terra Soft people, just to say hi (and
answer to key questions) and show that there are people working on the
product would be also great. As far as I’m concerned the poor level of Terra
Soft presence in the PS3/general sections of the ML or board decided me not
to subscribe to YDL.net – just because I feared that even the paying
subscription was not associated with the appropriate level of resources.

Anyway, I’m now a happy registered user of the forum and I was finally able
to contribute the result of my experience with PS3 kernel compilation.

Frank

  _____