[ydl-gen] Boot an iBook from an iPod (YDL 4.1)? - addendum

Kai Staats kstaats at terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Aug 30 01:09:10 MDT 2007

Derick, Deacon,

> I believe I recall that YDL 4 or 4.1 can run from an iPod but that is
> not the same thing as running anaconda (the standard YDL installer)
> from the iPod so that YDL is installed onto the G3 iBook.

Rather have you run YDL v5.x, to be honest, than an older version. The iPod
install was designed not as a full-time drive replacement, but as a unique
means of making YDL portable with a clever device.

> If you've a desktop Mac somewhere and you've a bit of mechanical skill
> and some cash (just about $89+) perhaps this problem can be resolved.

Yup, just replace the drive.

And to correct Derick's prior statement, YDL does NOT support installing to
and booting from a USB drive on Apple products.

Sincerely,
kai